Wadley Regional Medical Center welcomes families and friends to visit with patients at the hospital. We understand that having loved ones nearby can improve healing and help facilitate better care.
Flexible visiting hours are available. Visitors may be asked to leave a patient’s room during tests and treatments.
ICU Visiting Hours
Wadley has open visiting for patients in the ICU. Our visitation guidelines are designed to promote the recovery process by allowing family members ample opportunity to visit while ensuring that our critically ill patients receive the care needed. Visitation guidelines follow:
- The ICU is closed to visitors from 6:30 a.m. to 9:00 a.m..
- Please limit your visitation to two family members and to a maximum of 15 minutes per visit.
- When visiting patients in ICU, simply pick up the wall-mounted telephone located in the waiting room area and inform the staff which patient you would like to visit.
- Visitors may be asked to wait before entering the unit on occasions, such as during a nursing shift change, an emergency in the unit, a new patient admission, or at the nurse’s discretion, based on the patient’s condition. (Please be aware that during an emergency, visitors will be asked to leave the unit temporarily.)
- Please limit visits during the hours of 9 pm to 6 am, allowing patients the uninterrupted rest needed for recovery.
- All visitors are asked to wash their hands upon entering the unit, as well as leaving the unit. Sinks are located just inside the unit entrance.
- No visitors under the age of 14 are permitted in the ICU without the approval of the nurse taking care of the patient.
- Parents of pediatric patients may remain in the room with their child, unless prohibited by emergencies, treatments, or other concerns as expressed by the nursing staff or physicians.
Free parking is located near all of the hospital entrances.
Visitor Waiting Areas
The hospital provides spacious and comfortable lobbies and family waiting areas throughout the facility. The surgery family waiting area provides coffee service. Vending machines offering a wide range of snack foods are located near most family waiting areas. Wireless Internet access is available through out the hospital for access in family waiting areas, and patient rooms.
Our Cafeteria is located on the second floor and provides a wide range of daily healthy selections for breakfast, and lunch including daily hot entrees, grill and a variety of desserts.
Breakfast: 6:30 a.m. - 10:00 a.m.
Lunch: 11:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.
Our gift shop is located in the main lobby on the first floor and is staffed almost entirely by Glenwood Regional Medical Center's Auxiliary. Hours of operation are:
Monday - Friday 9:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Saturday 9:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
The gift shop offers an assortment of gifts, flowers, magazines, candy and beverages. Most major credit cards accepted.
The Wadley Regional Medical Center Chapel is located to the left of the main lobby on the first floor. Patients and their families are welcome to visit the Chapel anytime.