The team at Wadley is committed to providing patients with the most advanced, thorough stroke care. We have a neurologist available 24/7 to see stroke patients, so when every minute counts, choose Wadley for a higher standard of stroke care.
Primary Stroke Center
- The area’s first Joint Commission certified Primary Stroke Center and Designated Level II Primary Stroke Center
- The only hospital in Texarkana to have a neurologist physically available to see patients in the Emergency Department.
- The most experienced stroke center utilizing perfusion imaging technology Higher percentage than the national average in using the clot busting drug for acute strokes
- Community screening with the area’s only mobile cardiovascular screening unit
- The only hospital in Texarkana and only the 7th in the State of Texas to receive the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association’s Get With The Guidelines® – Stroke Gold Plus Achievement Award with Target: Stroke(SM) Honor Roll Elite Plus.
Did You Know?
Stroke is the 5th leading cause of death and the number one cause of disability. Risk factors for stroke include:
- High blood pressure or hypertension.
- High cholesterol.
- Heart disease.
- Irregular heartbeat.
- Alcohol abuse.
- Hereditary factors.
- Poor diet or nutrition.
- Physical inactivity.
Are You at Risk for Stroke?
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), stroke is a leading cause of death and serious long-term disability — with someone in the U.S. suffering a stroke every 40 seconds. To determine if you are at risk for stroke, please answer the following questions.
- Do you or an immediate family member ever have a stroke?
- Have you ever had a heart attack or experienced angina?
- Do you have diabetes?
- Have you ever been diagnosed with high blood pressure?
- Have you ever been diagnosed with high cholesterol?
- Do you smoke?
- Do you exercise regularly (minimum 30 minutes, three times a week)?
- Are you more than 14 lbs. overweight?
- Do you consume alcohol on a daily basis?
- Are you 50 years of age or older?
If you answered “yes” to three or more of the above questions, please contact your personal medical provider. This questionnaire has been created for educational purposes only and should not be used as a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, treatment or care. Only a physician or other qualified health care provider can accurately diagnose and treat stroke.
Call 911 immediately if you or someone nearby is experiencing the warning signs of stroke.
For more information about the stroke services available at Wadley Regional Medical Center, call 903-798-8924
Risk Factors for Stroke [PDF]
Stroke Support Group
Wadley Regional Medical Center and HealthSouth Rehabilitation Hospital of Texarkana co-host a Monthly Stroke Support Group Luncheon.