Total Joint Replacement Program
At Wadley Regional Medical Center, our team is committed to making your surgical experience as positive as possible. That’s why we provide the Total Joint Replacement Program – a program that is designed to expand your and your family’s knowledge and understanding of all aspects of your joint replacement surgery. As part of our program to inform you of what to expect before, during and after your procedure, a Patient Guide manual will be given to you by your orthopedic surgeon and at Wadley an informational class is offered each week for new patients. Our program goal is to build your confidence in your decision to have total joint replacement surgery while providing you with high quality health care and to facilitate the best possible surgical outcome.
- Weekly Educational Class (designed for patient and family/caregivers)
- Program coordinator
- Group Therapy during hospitalization
- Dedicated staff to care for joint replacement patients
- Board certified orthopedic surgeons
As part of our commitment to caring, you can count on our health care team to:
- Conduct a “bedside shift report,” enabling the nursing staff to collaborate with each other and you on your care, right at your bedside
- Check in with you at least once per hour during your stay, as part of our intentional rounding process
- Help manage your pain, and to clearly explain your medications and any associated side effects.
- Keep you informed of your daily treatment and care
- Clean your room daily providing you with fresh surroundings
- Provide you with a quiet, healing environment