About the Breast Health Center
At the Wadley Breast Health Center, women can access comprehensive breast care services in an inviting surrounding. The Breast Health Center will offer a full spectrum of clinical and support services, from advanced screening and diagnosis to treatment and counseling. The Center provides innovative, high-quality and cost-effective breast health care to women of all ages.
Patients who visit the Breast Center have access to advanced tests and therapies. The Breast Center staff will establish a partnership with patients and their other health care providers. In establishing this partnership, patients are empowered with information that enables them to directly participate in the decision making about their care, knowledgeably and confidently.
Depending on the reason for your visit to the Wadley Breast Health Center, your consultation may involve some of the following services:
- Comprehensive breast cancer prevention and patient education
- Specialized diagnostic imaging and evaluation
- High-density imaging digital mammography and ultrasound, ACR certified
- Stereotactic needle biopsy and mammotome, ACR certified
- Surgical biopsy
- Ultrasound-guided needle biopsy with mammotome, ACR certified
- Neoprobe gamma detection for lymphatic mapping
- Consultation with breast cancer specialists who have focused expertise in breast cancer
- surgery, breast reconstructive surgery, and adjuvant treatments
- Lumpectomy and mastectomy surgery
- Chemotherapy, inpatient & outpatient
- Comprehensive counseling and support for patient and family
Many of the Wadley Breast Health Center services are fully accredited by the American College of Radiology, the Commission on Cancer of the American College of Surgeons.
Wadley employs the latest technology available to diagnose breast cancer and offers comprehensive breast care services to the women of the Ark-La-Tex region, including:
- Mammography — Schedule your mammogram, online!
- Breast Ultrasound
- Ultrasound-guided needle biopsy
- Stereotactic needle biopsy
- Sentinel lymph node mapping
A vital component of our arsenal of weapons to detect breast cancer is the Stereotactic Needle Biopsy and Mammotome System. This technology provides a non-surgical approach to breast biopsy and is performed in less than one hour with an incision so small sutures are not required. Core biopsies are increasingly replacing open surgical biopsies, which can leave scarring and result in disfigurement of the breast. Following the core biopsy, a Band-Aid is applied to the biopsy site and the patient is released to normal activities.
The Neoprobe Gamma Detection device allows the surgeon to map the lymphatic system to determine if a patient has metastasis or spread of the breast cancer to the axillary lymph nodes, without surgically removing all of the nodes. This is accomplished in a less invasive fashion and with fewer complications to the patient.
Finding breast cancer early is still the commitment of Wadley Regional Medical Center.
Wadley Regional Medical Center is a proud sponsor of the Susan G. Komen, Texarkana Race for the Cure®.
- Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation
- The National Alliance of Breast Cancer Organizations
- The American Cancer Society’s Breast Cancer Network
- The National Cancer Institute
- The National Coalition for Cancer Survivorship
- NCCN/ACS Breast Cancer Treatment Guidelines for Patients
- Breast Cancer Research Foundation
- Men Against Breast Cancer